Mercy Ships offers a $500 per semester scholarship for the children of full-time Mercy Ships employees. Parents must be a part of either Mercy Ships Association (ship crew) or Mercy Ships Operations (ISC employees). The children must have been accepted or attend a qualified university or college. This scholarship is only for undergraduate studies. In order to qualify, students must meet the following criteria.
- Students must be unmarried and under the age of 25.
- Students must be a degree candidate in an undergraduate program and maintain a “B” (3.0) grade point average.
- Parent(s) must currently be staff or ship crew for a minimum of two years prior to the awarding of the scholarship.
- Students are required to provide a transcript and/or record of having maintained a full-time course load (minimum 12 credit hours).
- The scholarship may be used to pay for tuition, room and board, educational supplies, and/or books.
- Scholarships will be made payable to the university/college or the student as requested.
- If the scholarship is made payable to the student, an Expense Report will be required.
- Expenses reported should be equal to or greater than the scholarship amount.
Please follow the steps below to apply for the Mercy Ships Scholarship. All forms are automatically sent to the Academy office for processing, but if you need to email anything directly, please use the following email: [email protected].
First Time Applicants
- Fill out and submit the application below or use this link: Scholarship Application.
- Applicants should submit the application along with a recent photo and a copy of their high school transcript.
- If the scholarship is being paid directly to the student, and not the university or college, please complete an Expense Report. This report can include planned expenses during the upcoming semester too. For tax purposes, we need to verify that your scholarship will be spent on school-related expenses.
Scholarships are renewable each semester for up to eight semesters. Scholarship recipients must submit the Expense Report at least one month before the beginning of each semester, as well as:
- An updated Scholarship application form
- A copy of the current transcript
Processing Time & Application Deadlines
Fall Semester Applicants
- All Fall Semester applications are processed from July 1 through September 30.
- If applications are received before July 1, they will be kept on file and processed in July.
- Any application received after September 30 might take longer to process and delays can be expected.
- Email reminders will be sent to all current Scholarship holders and new high school graduates in June.
- Scholarship applications will be closed for the Fall Semester, December 1.
Spring Semester Applicants
- All Spring Semester applications are processed from January 1 through March 31.
- If applications are received before January 1, they will be kept on file and processed in January.
- Any application received after March 31 might take longer to process and delays can be expected.
- Email reminders will be sent to all current Scholarship holders in December or January.
- Scholarship applications will be closed for the Spring Semester, May 1.
Students are responsible for submitting applications on time.